Saturday, September 04, 2004

Workin Man Blues... Not Really

There's a great tune by Merle Haggard called "Workin Man Blues" that I used to listen to when I was younger and heavy into country music. At the time I worked in construction, had served in the military and did more with my hands than I did with my brains.

After graduating from college my brains took over and my hands became softer. Thankfully, home ownership and a service driven mentality have helped me to keep my hands dirty enough to still consider myself a "workin man."

As such a man, it troubles me to hear John Kerry talk about creating jobs... or anyone else creating jobs - other than me! I wouldn't want to work at a job the government created ever again. The last one I had was in the military in which I made the least amount of money I've ever made in my life.

I don't want a government job... what I want is the government "off my back" as Arnold mentioned the other night in New York. Let me reach my maximum potential without restriciton.

Now I sometimes work in a shirt and tie helping others learn how to be successful and make more money. Here's the kicker - it's more fun than work.

So much for the blues...

TK

No comments: