Friday, February 02, 2007

Super Bowl XLI Prediction - "Colts Win!"

I'm predicting the Colts will be victorious Sunday and that the Bears will fall short this year of the Lombardi Trophy. Well the Bears are the underdog so you may think I've made an easy call, but too many people I've talked to say the Colts are going to get killed... That doesn't sound like an underdog position to me.

Here's my three reasons why the Colts will lift the trophy Sunday night:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Rex Grossman
3. Defensive strategy never has produced ultimate victory - Douglas MacArthur

1. Peyton Manning - This guy is a class act. I'm not a Colts fan, in fact, I'm not a fan of NFL Football. I'm a college football fan, but when you see positive things in the NFL you take notice. Peyton Manning is one of those positive "things" happening in a professional sport where money and negative attitudes get most of the headlines.

Peyton is due, Peyton is a great football player and Peyton is a good man. Finally, Peyton is going to shred the Bear's defense... he'll find the holes he needs to win.

2. Rex Grossman - Hot and Cold - end of story. I'm sure he'll do his best for the Bears, but his "best" has been very unpredictable. He's going down and his numbers won't be pretty Sunday.

3. The MacArthur Quote - Douglas MacArthur knew a thing or two about strategy and winning in the end. The Colts offense will out-perform the Bears defense.

The Colts and the Bears battling for the Lombardi Trophy. It doesn't get much better than that in the NFL.

I promise I will not take this post down even if my prediction is off - but it won't be - the Colts win this one by 14 or more points.

TK

PS - I wish the NFL would get rid of those Roman numerals! What is XLI anyway?