Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weis Makes Irish History

By losing to Michigan State today Charlie Weis took the program to a new level... low level that is. For the first time in school history, 119 years of playing football, the program is 0-4. Unbelievable!

Despite some good looking drives in the first half the boys just couldn't hang with the Spartans and were man-handled in the third and fourth quarters. Weis doesn't know what to do and I'm not sure what can be done. I can say this - Weis may not be the hero he was herald to be a few years ago.

Although the dial on the stove will be moving slowly... the heat is coming.

One thing that really bothers me about Weis is his mouth. If you watch a game you can't help but pick up on his nasty language. Now you may say that this is "big time" football; however I would assert that the University of Notre Dame deserves a couch that can communicate without using profanity.

Last year when the program was cruising along Weis was featured on 60 Minutes and in the first 90 seconds of the piece you get a glimpse of Charlie's vocabulary. Potty mouth. Well that may be normal in college football, but I bet I could find a number of successful coaches that don't speak to players, coaches and referees without dropping the F-Bomb.

Anyway I'm frustrated and I'm blaming the coach. Let's see what this week brings Charlie Weis.

GO IRISH!

TK