Friday, May 11, 2007

Don't Mess with My God

It took Al Sharpton to get me past my "posting vacation." So much has been happening I could have written every day on any number of issues, but there I was... dormant. Then Al Sharpton questioned my belief in God and obviously my belief in Christ as well when he made a comment about Mitt Romeny.

Sharpton's comment regarding Governor Romney (a fellow member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), were reprehensible and proved, once again, that Sharpton is the real bigot and a racist, not the people he typically shakes down or calls for their head.

Here's his quote verbatim:

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those that really believe in God will defeat him anyway, so don't worry about that."

What an idiot. Who listens to this butt-head? Obviously not the mainstream press or they would have vilified him for his comments (just as he did Don Imus last month.)

As a Christian first, and a Mormon second, I've been personally offended. I do believe in God - the same God as all Christian men and women and I'm having a difficult time turning the other cheek. Don't mess with my God or my core beliefs.

If you want to debate the doctrine or question the historical past of my faith - go for it. It doesn't make a difference in what I believe. However question my relationship with God and my Savior Jesus Christ... now we have an issue.

Political expediency calls for Romney to let this one go. The fact is that Sharpton's gaffe may signal other idiots to just keep their mouth shut rather than risk the bad press that Sharpton clearly has dodged.

What is this clown the reverend of anyway - the church of the bad hair?

TK