Thursday, April 05, 2007

Good Friday 2007

Being raised Lutheran, and learning more about Jesus Christ later in life, has always brought me special feelings about Holy Week… the last week of the earthly life of Christ.

The traditions of my past, enhanced by knowledge I’ve gained since gives me an understanding of the divinity of Christ and His ministry here on earth.

It is not like me to say or write things like this very often… I am more of a sinner than a saint, but that's exactly why the Gospel Christ resonates with me. It gives me hope, not only for this life, but for the life to come.

This very evening, over two thousand years ago, Christ sat down to His last supper, gave his disciples final instruction and then went into the Garden of Gethsemane and took upon Him the sins of all mankind. After experiencing incredible physical pain, and mental anguish, he arose from the garden only to be betrayed by his friend and then tortured throughout the night.

Friday he would be crucified, a hideous form of punishment, having his hands and feet nailed to a cross.

Sunday he would rise from the dead and change the world forever, even unto the very moment you read these words.

My knowledge helps me to understand these events, but the Holy Ghost (the same Being that provides the goose-bumps whenever I hear the truth), testifies to me that these events actually happened.

Good Friday to You!

TK