Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

As I've done the past few years I find myself thinking about our troops around the world this Memorial Day. The controversy in Iraq looms large and is on the minds of those of us who have served, those who have lost loved ones and in fact most Americans.

This is Section 60 in Arlington National Cemetery (one of the most powerful pieces of ground in this country), this is where we are burying our men and women who are dying in the middle east. I've walked for hours and hours in Arlington and I've covered this ground. I estimate a few thousand bodies have been laid to rest since I last visited the grounds with my 10 year old son Jack. Amazing.

As we head into the day I can't help but think that we need a "new plan." It's not our fighting men and women that's the problem - it's our politics. Democrats need to be exposed for the weak SOB's that they are - voting for funding the war, while opposing the war, is proof they have no principles. Look at the pork they stuffed into the bill...

I've said this before, I'll say it again, I don't want to see George W. Bush laughing in public. If we're at war, let's put on our war face and keep a serious tone in front of the national press and the world press. Stop taking vacations and "working at the ranch."

God bless our men and women fighting and keeping peace across the world. Give them the strength they need to stay sharp, stay honorable and be safe.

TK