Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Which Party is Right?

There is no doubt that the principles of the democrat party are inconsistant with conservative ideals.­ I beleive one cannot involve themselves in a party which promotes abortion on demand and seeks to embrace those in need, only to shackle them to a system of welfare based programs that promote lasting dependance without having dirt on their hands.

In the last few days I have heard Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama arguing over President Ronald Reagan.­ Obama referenced Reagan in some fashion and Clinton pounced on the comment, insinuating that Mr.­ Reagan was void of any worthy accomplishment.­ The Clinton's embody the worst of their party and everything that is wrong with American politics.­.­.­ but they are in fact the icons of liberal thought.­

Mr.­ Obama.­.­.­ well Mr.­ Obama may be a good man, but he is not the right man.­ Although he is fresh and appears to be very sincere, remember this -­ sincerity is no test of the truth.­ Mr.­ Obama is sincerely WRONG.­ Wrong on the economy, wrong on national defense, against the right for every child conceived to have the chance to LIVE and wrong on dozens of other issues.­

I like Obama.­ I like a lot of people.­.­.­ but that doesn't mean I want them running our country.­ I fear the craving for change has some people in this country missing the point of this election -­ the preservation of the freedoms that make us great.­ Does our system of government have challenges? Absolutely.­ We can't know the incredible blessings that come from success without witnessing, and at times experiencing, failure, dispair and poverty.­ These challenges provide us individual opportunities to contribute personally to the lifting up of others and at times -­ ourselves.­

Ask me -­ I know.­ I've lived in beautiful homes and I've lived in a single wide trailer.­ I dropped out of high school, but later graduated with honors from a major university.­ I've owned companies and had incredible success -­ and lost everything.­.­.­ and I'll be on top again.­

I thank God that I live in a country where my success depends on my efforts.­ When I succeed I get the credit -­ when I fail -­ I get the blame.­ Put it all on me and let me go as far as I can, just stay out of my way! This is the essense of the conservative message, the best part of republican party.­.­.­ and dare I say the purpose of the American experiment.­

The democrat party platform is the exact opposite.­ Tax the rich and redistribue the wealth.­ Use that wealth to enslave those struggling to the government.­ Use the struggling as a voting base for the party.­.­.­ and repeat the message of dispair every four years.­ Show me a financially independent democrat and I'll show you someone who would never EVER live the life they promote to economically struggling individuals.­ Do as we say -­ not as we do.­

Do you desire to acheive all that is possible in your life? Which party stands in your way and which one gets out of your way?

TK