Friday, March 02, 2007

FOX + CNN + MSNBC = CRAP

I made it home this evening and found the house empty...


My wife is running people around and it's just me and the dogs. So I started picking up my clothes from the week and I turned on Fox News since I knew the shows would be LIVE.

The term "show" is perfect for what I have watched in the last 45 minutes. Thank heavens it's coming to an end and I can watch a recorded episode of Frontline, Lost or 30 Rock - anything that comes close to being actual news and not the crap on Fox and the two others networks.

Sean Hannity is an idiot.

Tonight I watched him analyze the "Anna-Nicole-Who-Cares" story as if the intelligent people that should be watching Fox would really give a damn about that issue. During the report it was brought up that a full third of the American public are following this story. No joke - Hannity and Colmes, Nancy Grace, Keith Bloberhard, Anderson Cooper and all the rest of these shows LEAD with that story. What else do you expect.

That hard news on HC was at the end of the program... what do you put at the end of a news program? Answer - the information the viewer really wants to see! Fox knows that the majority of the people who watch their evening news programs want hard news and not gossip. Fair and Balanced? What is fair and balanced in the Anna Nicole Smith story - and who cares!

So why put it on? I'm not sure I know the answer... I wish that Fox News would quit reporting this crap. With so much happening in the world it is irresponsible to spend 35% of your air time on irrelevant gossip.

I'm turning off Fox. I've got to find another source of news and information.

TK