Friday, August 25, 2006

Abortion, Adoption and Hope for Humanity

One of the most disgusting images your eyes can ever come upon are the remains of a human fetus that has been aborted.

As usual, I Googled images that have something to do with the topic I'm writing about to give the post a little pop, and to drive home a point if needed. I just could not post what I found online. It is offensive. It is humanity at its worse conceivable level. Please don't go looking for those images...

My personal stand on abortion is simple... I believe abortion is a medical procedure and should not be used as a form of birth control. There are instances in which an abortion would be medically preferred to an actual birth. The examples usually given are rape and if the well being of the mother is in jeopardy.

I agree with those. There is no way I would lose my wife for my baby. We posess the power to create another child and I could not survive without her and neither could my children. I believe God would sort out the ramifications of our choice. That's the same position I would take in the case of a rape that results in pregnancy. It may be best for the health of the victim to terminate the pregnancy and again, I believe God would sort out the ramifications of those human choices.

It is clear that abortion is now accepted in the United States and that it is a hideous form of birth control.

Mother Teresa said "The greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion, which is war against the child. The mother doesn't learn to love, but kills to solve her own problems. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want."

In my own life I have seen examples of where unwanted pregnancies carried to birth are positive experiences in the life of the mother and the child. I have also seen couples spend close to $15,000 to adopt a child from another country because they cannot find babies for adoption in this country.

I believe there must be negative psychological effects on a woman having an abortion. I cannot imagine carrying a child or childbirth, and I also cannot imagine being responsible for ending the life of a human being for no reason other than inconvenience.

Every evening in America there are tens of thousands of couples begging a Heavenly Being for a baby. When we can celebrate the choice to put a baby up for adoption instead of stigmatizing young mothers and focusing on their mistakes, we can lift the humanity of this country.

TK

No comments: