Friday, December 24, 2004

Mr. President – Let’s Get it Done!

Well the year is almost over and on Christmas Eve I’m thinking about my family, my friends and our troops in the Middle East.

I lived in the Middle East for a year as a young Air Force enlisted man and know what it’s like to be away at Christmas in a very strange place… but I’ve never known war. I cannot imagine the reality of what is happening in the battle zones.

I support the war on terror and I support containing or eliminating any one – or any group – that is part of terrorism.

However, we need to get it done. Enough time has passed that we should have taken care of business in Afghanistan and Iraq. You can debate troop levels, pre-war planning, post-war planning blah blah blah. If we were serious, the job would be done.

So we need to get serious and bring our men and women home. That means all out war and not precision war. I’d like to see January 1st bring terror to the terrorist’s door, and until this happens I want President Bush to do the following:

1. Stop Smiling – Until we get these folks home stop smiling, stop looking happy, and let’s see this war president GET IT DONE!
2. Admit his errors in judgment and make changes being suggested by people smarter than I am. No plan is perfect so let’s start making corrections.
3. Stop trying to please countries, politicians, media groups or any other entity that doesn’t agree with your policies or decisions. They hate you – they take your overtures of peace and middle ground and spin them against you. Tell more of them to get stuffed!
4. Stop smiling – oh – I said that.
5. Be laser focused on this direction and leave any other business to someone else!

Mr. President – Let’s Get it Done!

Merry Christmas

TK

No comments: